In 1976, Denis Fauteux joined forces with Home Fireplace (HF). He used the name La maison du foyer for its operations in Quebec. In 1978, he broke away from HF and launched La Maison DF inc. In the early 80s, the concept of a heating specialist did not exist. However, the founder firmly believed in it and used his vast experience in sales and marketing to help retailers become true specialists. His slogan “The expert serving specialists” is still used today.
In 1983, he founded the Association des professionnels du chauffage à combustible solide (APCCS) with other industry members to provide an independent voice for heating professionals before governmental bodies. This organization became the Association des professionnels du chauffage (APC), the oldest association of heating professionals in America.
In 2003, La Maison DF became a major distributor of heating products when Jean-François Fauteux, the founder’s son, joined the family business. Jean-François repositioned the company to take advantage of new trends in design and fuels, particularly gas and pellets. He also implemented a computerized business process. These changes accelerated the growth of La Maison DF. In 2016, the company acquired JADE heating products and began merging its operations. Today, under its new name, Coval is positioned as one of the most important distributors of high-end heating and BBQ products in Quebec.
Offering high-end products is very rewarding. These products generate strong emotions and comfort for the consumer for many years. It is a significant source of recognition and profitability for our retail network. Our role is important in many people’s lives. Your experience with COVAL is at the core of our actions because it must always be excellent. Our ability to consistently deliver excellence in our work demonstrates that our success is not a fluke but a habit.
Vincent Boulay (Vice-president) & Jean-François Fauteux (President)
Our mission is to enhance the value of our specialized retailers. We have developed expertise in premium heaters, grills, and outdoor kitchens markets.
Tomorrow’s consumers will be looking for a reliable, loyal, unique, and specialized partner. When choosing a quality appliance, their buying decisions will be influenced by the following four values: product performance, design, energy savings, and environmental protection.
We enhance the value of our specialized retailers by allowing them to be clearly identified as unique partners. To do this, we offer a wide range of services, including:
- Exclusive, high-end products.
- Innovative and measurable marketing.
- A wide range of products and services offered by a team of excellence and cutting-edge technological platforms.
- Intelligent market reports and statistics.
- Ongoing training programs.
Our values ensure our success. They are shared and conveyed by our entire team. At the heart of all our values is customer service, valued by a team dedicated to excellence in an efficient and ecological environment that makes us proud.
SERVICES FOR MANUFACTURERS
Coval prides itself on having long-term relationships with all its suppliers. We have relationships with some suppliers that exceed their lifetime warranty! We choose our partners carefully and only take manufacturers who have a complementary offer to our products, similar values to ours, and who wish to work exclusively with specialized retailers. In the end, Coval is unlike any other distributor because we are, first and foremost, a sales and marketing team. We offer a wide range of services that build loyalty with our manufacturers and our retailers.
- Over 30,000 square feet of warehouse space.
- Reliable delivery service.
- Ongoing training.
- Innovative marketing strategies.
- A modern, geo-located website.
- An extranet site for merchants with a wide range of information.
- A technician available at all times.
- An advertising team that also takes care of special events, media relations, and marketing.
- Customer service that is important to us.
- Interconnected technology.
Customer service that is important to us
Over 30,000 square feet of warehouse space
A DISTINCTIVE AND FRENCH-SPEAKING QUEBEC
Coval does everything possible to make sure that the consumer recognizes our products by name, that they are interested in them and choose them. Our campaigns use multiple traditional and web-based networks. In addition, local retailers are very close to consumers, and each campaign is measured in terms of its impact on each regional market. This B2C2B approach is unique, innovative, and sets us apart from our competitors.
Our team understands the difficulties a foreign company faces when dealing with Quebec. We can help you meet the needs of the Quebec market with specific means to make things easier for you.
- We have a network of professional relationships with several translators and graphic designers capable of translating and formatting your documents in French (e.g., brochures, manuals, etc.).
- We adapt your advertising and promotions to our Quebec market.
- We put you in direct contact with retailers during special events.
- We take care of the relay between consumers and manufacturers for warranty claims or other.
If you believe you have the ideal product or business model to build a relationship with us, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.