the digital revolution of charcoal
By Coval’s Team
| March 23, 2023
When we think that Kamado Joe can’t push the concept of the “Kamado” any further, they keep surprising us with an innovation that transforms the world of charcoal barbecues. This time, they present the Konnected Joe, the digital revolution of ceramic smokers. Discover the power of the fusion between technology and an ancestral style of cooking.
The digital revolution
Experience a new era of ceramic grilling with the Kamado Joe Konnected Joe Digital Charcoal Grill and Smoker. Lighting a fire has never been easier. With the Automatic Firestarter (AFS), simply press the button to ignite your charcoal. Then set the desired cooking temperature with the digital Kontrol Board™ or the Kamado Joe mobile app and let the Kontrol Fan™ do the rest.
With multiple cooking functions, the Konnected Joe lets you enjoy Kamado grilling and smoking your way. Auto Cook Mode offers full digital control, or try Classic Mode, for the traditional Kamado experience.
- 18″ diameter ceramic grill with WiFi function
- AFS (Automatic Fire Starter) button to easily light your charcoal
- Digital temperature control board with trend graphs, alerts and multiple cooking modes
- Use the Kamado Joe app to set temperature and time, monitor meat probes, and discover new recipes
- Kontrol Fan automatically maintains desired temperature from 225°F to 700°F
- Auto cook mode for digitally connected cooking or manual cook mode for a traditional kamado grilling experience
- Includes lifting handles for easy and safe loading and unloading of the grill
- Compatible with Classic Joe™ cover and accessories
The Konnected Joe is said to have a suggested retail price of $2499. It is currently only available for your pre-orders. It should arrive at specialized retailers in Quebec for the summer of 2023.
Autumn has now arrived, which also means that it is apple season. If you’re not the type to put on your checkered jacket and invade the pick-your-own orchards, we give you another option to still enjoy apples: CIDER. Formerly very classic, it has evolved a lot and the cider makers offer us products that are just as different from each other.
Thanks to the collaboration of Boucherie Brunelle, Alain Larose, chef, returns once again with his recipes, each one more original and tasty than the last. With the return of the cold weather, it’s time for comforting meals. This time, a surprising mix of beef, squash and root beer, to be discovered tenderly.
In fact, natural gas is one of the most efficient sources of energy we have. With our electricity supply limited, natural gas remains the best alternative for many applications. But natural gas, until we include a lot more RNG, increases the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere. So when there is an alternative, we should consider it.